We are offering a complete practical learning program for the next generation of horseman interested in pursuing a career in the equine industry.
Mountain View Stables and its Professionally qualified staff, are offering a unique opportunity to combine a theoretical foundation coupled with a riding and training program. Our mission is to produce a well rounded professional equestrian with strong riding skills while remaining categorically committed to the horse and its well being. The 2 year course will cover all aspects of boarding, stable management, breeding, nutrition and business management. The successful candidate will also receive an introductory course on farrier workmanship and blacksmithing, guided on how to instruct equitation and intensely cover the art of professional equine training.
Candidates interested specifically in Saddle Seat disciplines, would need to complete a third year to specialize in Saddle horse training.
On graduating and provision that the candidate meets the given criteria, they will be awarded a certificate of competence in their areas of excellence, enabling them to pursue a career in the equine field as a Stable Manager, Breeding Manager, Show co-coordinator, Groom or possibly in offices for equine related stores.
Due to the nature and requirements of the course and its material, we unfortunately cannot offer a guarantee to certify candidates as trainers on completion of the course; this depends solely on the candidate’s personal growth, ability and dedication. The candidate would still need to submit their application within their designated disciplines for Professional status.
We are dedicated to the successful completion of the trainee program by the approved applicant. In order for us to deliver a professional and functional service to the hopeful candidate, a comprehensive pre-screening and evaluation will be done prior to applicant approval.
Your application will only be considered if you are:
- Dedicated, of sober habits and free from personality altering drugs
- Your riding must be on a level, favorable for improvement under instruction. You will be required to submit a short video demonstrating your riding proficiency (include footage of mounting, trotting, cantering, reign back and dismounting)
- Physically capable to perform all duties pertaining to equine management
- Basic knowledge of equine health and function
- Sound knowledge of Equus communication based on the Monty Roberts techniques
- Capable of grooming and tacking up
Accommodation, transport and remuneration
- You will be responsible for your own accommodation and meals
- You will be responsible for your own transport to the training facility
- You will be remunerated. We are offering you an opportunity to invest in your future in the equine profession free of educational charge and inclusive of a basic salary
- You would need to be on your own personal medical aid
Feel free to contact us telephonically on +27 (83) 6161294, electronically on firstname.lastname@example.org with further queries or visit our website to learn more about us, www.mountainviewstables.co.za
IRENE VAN DER WESTHUIZEN